If you are experiencing back pain during your pregnancy or have a breech pregnancy, chiropractic can help.View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 08-24-2014
Inner strength and mental grit is key to take on a goal such as running a marathon, but having the ability to recognize when our body needs help is essential to maintaining our lifestyle and enjoyment as a runner. Sometimes, the most dangerous thing to keep telling yourself is "maybe this pain will just go away on its own". Over the years, I have developed a list of the 5 most common issues I hear from distance runners at American Chiropractic:
1) "My hip flexors are giving me pain when I attempt to run over 3 miles"
2) "My knees hurt while running up hills and usually are swollen after I run"
3) "My IT bands and hamstrings are always so tight. How do I get them back to normal?"
4) "My low back and hip are painful and usually very tight the morning after a run"
5) "My tight calves and painful feet are preventing me from running a full marathon"
As doctors of chiropractic, we pride ourselves in setting the bar for sports recover and performance enhancement therapy. Your mental grit may be able to push through physical barriers, but we are here to help your body and mind work together to bring the joy back into your run. It’s not about pushing through the pain, it’s about evaluating your weaknesses and correcting them to extend your longevity as an athlete. Progress, perform, and keep reaching for your goals!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.